When I hear the term comfort shoes my first reaction is to cringe. I envision an orthopedic shoe with absolutely no style or sass. Definitely not the look I usually go for. While at the age of 50, I probably should be more concerned about what I put on my feet, I have been vehemently refusing to succumb. Then, I was introduced to Naot. A shoe company based in Israel that hand makes each shoe by the joint effort of Israelis and Palestinians. Upon scouring the Naot website, I realized there were actually many pairs of shoes that I suddenly wanted. My list was getting longer and longer. Finally, I decided on the Wander boots. I mean you can never have too many pairs of boots. Right? From the moment I removed the boots from their box and slipped them on my feet, it felt like I was walking on cushions. No "breaking in" period. Just straight comfort. Almost as if the shoes were giving my feet a little hug. Mind blown. 🤯 In order to really put the boots to the test, I wore them on my dog walk with Otis. We average about 4 miles on a walk. If my feet still felt good after 4 miles then I was definitely sold on this brand. The verdict was in. No hot spots on my feet, no aches, and no pains. I officially LOVE these boots!! So what is the secret behind these comfort shoes? THE FOOTBEDS! According to the Naot company...
There are six parts to the footbed of Naot shoes.
Our uniquely engineered insoles are a blend of natural cork and latex that are designed to replicate the shape of the foot, just like the footprint we leave when walking in the sand.
- Hallux Support: Enables natural hold of the big toe, prevents the foot from slipping forward and improves the foot’s hold on the shoe.
- Elevated Footbed Center: The elevated center of the insoles releases pressure in the joints of the central part of the foot.
- Arch Support: Enables the weight of the body to be correctly distributed and reduces pressure generated by the spinal column and joints.
- Deep Heel Indentation: Helps the body’s balance and maintains the natural shape of the pad of the heel that protects the heel bone.
- Flexibility, Durability, & Shock Absorption: The comfort footbed is made of a unique, high-quality blend of cork & latex, granting it flexibility, shock absorbing qualities and long-term durability.
- Latex Sponge Layer: A layer of padding that provides caressing and softness.