What would smile fearlessly mean to you? Would it be a smile free from staining, less plaque buildup, and healthy gums? Have you ever considered using an ultrasonic toothbrush? Are you looking for better results at your next dentist appointment? Consider this...
How long do you spend brushing your teeth?
If I really put myself to task, I would say that I spend 30 seconds to a minute brushing mine. Hey, my teeth feel clean, my breath seems fresh, I must be done right? WRONG! Come to find out, that is not good enough. Did you know that it is recommended that you spend two minutes (30 seconds per quadrant) cleaning those chops? How did I come to know this little gem of information? Let me back up a bit and start at the dentist.
A typical trip to the dentist for me goes a little something like this.
Dentist: Well, Anne, overall your teeth look pretty good. I think your gums could be healthier looking. And, it appears that you have been brushing too hard as I can see abrasion marks.
Me (in my head): Yes I am brushing too hard. How else am I going to get them clean in 30 seconds?
Dentist: Remember, you should be using light circular motion. You are not trying to sandpaper them. Also, how is your flossing going?
Me (sheepishly): I floss once in a while. (The real truth is that I never floss my teeth, like ever, unless there is something wedged in there that can't be removed with a toothpick)
Dentist: You need to floss everyday. It is imperative for healthy gums. And please be a little more gentle when you brush. Have you ever tried an electric toothbrush?
Me: No. (in my head) No, I have not tried one. Have you seen the price tag on those things?
Enter Smile Brilliant and the cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush.
I have partnered before with Smile Brilliant on their teeth whitening system. So, when asked if I would like to partner with them to test out the cariPRO Ultrasonic Toothbrush my response was...uh, hell yeah!
For reference, my toothbrush (the one I will be comparing the cariPRO against) is the one the dentist hands out at every visit. Hey, its free and they give me a new one every 6 months. What's not to love? As it turns out, I had a lot to learn about brushing my teeth. The first thing being that I was not brushing nearly long enough. The ADA (American Dental Association) recommends brushing for a minimum of two minutes two times a day. The equivalent of singing Happy Birthday two times through. Or so I am told. Whoops!!
A few more things I learned about bushing with an ultrasonic toothbrush.
- The cariPRO has a timer feature. It works on two minute intervals. Turn it on, and it turns itself off after two minutes have passed. Not only that, but it pauses every 30 seconds to let you know that you need to move onto another quadrant of the mouth. "Genius!" Mind blown.🤯And no more singing while I brush.
- Another notable feature was the different brushing modes. First though, I need to let you in on a dirty little secret. My gums have receded quite a bit over the years due to grinding my teeth in my sleep. Needless to say they can be quite sensitive at the best of times. I saw that the cariPRO has 5 modes that include clean, white, massage, gum care, and sensitive. Here is how Smile Brilliant breaks down the 5 modes.
- Clean mode is the standard mode for superior daily cleaning.
- White mode is the most powerful cleaning mode for removing surface stains, polishing and vigorous deep cleaning.
- Massage mode includes gentle gum pulsation for gum stimulation.
- Gum Care mode is for gentle cleaning along the gum-line.
- Sensitive mode is ideal for users who find the default clean mode to be slightly too aggressive.
I was hesitant to try any of the settings other than sensitive due to my situation. But, a commitment is a commitment and I said I would test drive this baby. Squinting my eyes in anticipation of the pain to come, I switched it up from sensitive to clean to white to massage and finally on to gum care. To my astonishment, there was not even a glimmer of sensitivity. I couldn't quite believe my eyes (or in this case teeth) so I tried it again. Same results. No pain! Now I was thoroughly impressed.
The cariPRO claims vs. my experience
- Claim 1: Your mouth will be healthier! The cariPRO removes 7x more plaque than a manual toothbrush and can improve gum health in as little as 2 weeks. -My Experience: You know those back teeth that seem to always have plaque build up no matter how hard you brush? The ones that (at least in my case) only feel smooth twice a year when the dentist scapes them clean. I actually was able to remove the plaque by brushing with the ultrasonic toothbrush.
- Claim 2: Your teeth will be whiter! Daily brushing with your cariPRO will remove more surface stains from everyday food and drink, giving you a noticeably brighter smile. -My Experience: I did catch myself checking out my teeth in the mirror and thinking "This is what my teeth feel and look like after going to the dentist."
- Claim 3: No risk and high reward! Not only will you get the best electronic toothbrush for just half the price, shipping is free! Oh and if you don’t love it after 60 days, you can return it for free. -My Experience: I did cross compare the cost of this toothbrush against comparable ones and did discover that this toothbrush was half the price. You can find cheaper electric toothbrushes out there, but they do not have near the features of this one.
After using my cariPro for a little while now, I was due for a dental visit. You are not going to believe what my dentist said.
Wow Anne, your gums are looking so much better. Have you been flossing more?
HAHA, no I have not been flossing anymore that I had previously (mind you, I don't recommend that), but I had been using the Gum Care Mode regularly. I guess the proof is in the checkup. 😁
Giveaway and Discount Code
If you want to get your hands on your own cariPRO Ultrasonic toothbrush you can get 20% off by using my code dailyfashionmuse20 at Smile Brilliant. Or if you want to take a chance on winning a cariPRO enter my drawing.